Monday, June 7, 2010

I was setting in Church yesterday morning next to my mom and I was thinking. I wanted to share this thought with her but since I can't, I will just share it here.
Mom, as I hear you singing here beside me today, I am carried back in time or maybe time just ceases to exist, or maybe this is a glimpse of what eternity is. Eternity, where the Holy Spirit fills up time, space, and memory, where we are transported out of the physical broken bodies and minds of the flesh and into the perfect, complete spiritual, eternal beings that we were created to be. The flesh and mind that has been ravaged by Alzheimer's disease drops away and the Spirit places a song on your lips-Your soul sings out- and it carries me back to younger days sitting beside you worshiping the Father together. Maybe it transports me forward into Heaven where we will gather around the throne worshiping our Savior. Whichever it may be, I am grateful and in awe of the gift of the present to listen to you, unhindered, worshiping Christ in song together. Thank you mom for your unwavering Spirit and testimony even in the midst of your Alzhiemers. Thank you Jesus for the gift of the Comforter who makes all things good...

No comments:

Post a Comment